I want an App, what do I need?

Nowadays, electronic commerce is a tool that can define the success of our businesses, many times our needs are too specific to be able to use emerging services offered by different companies and because of this we seek tailored solutions.When our clients ask us to develop an app they realize that they are entering an infinite world of solutions and more complex than expected.

But what is really needed to create an app?

First, let’s define how apps work today, a large part of the applications that are currently requesting us require several “layers”.

The App

90% of the Apps require information to feed them, this information comes from the web, so our App can show our products, place orders or display the information we want. Although the other 10% can be based on Apps “offline” even games already handle statistics, accounts, etc., which require the web so offline Apps are disappearing.

The Web

As we mentioned, Apps require the web, this website or as the developers call “backend” is defined based on “services” that are consumed through the App, these services in turn store the data retrieved from the App in a database. This data is usually what we use to obtain statistics or reports on the performance of our project, remember that the data is garbage until it becomes information. The “backend” can be interconnected with other services to handle payments, shipments, etc.

The database

This fundamental piece of any system is the one that stores all the information generated by our App, with which we can do a million things for the benefit of our business.

Other services

Many times we will need a minimum of one web page to see reports about the data of our App, this is a service that is outside the App itself, there will also be situations in which we require payments, chats, messaging and more integrations to other services to be able to offer a successful app.

All these points define the architecture of our application, but this will always be based on the specs of the client. The specs are all the business logic that the application will contain, for example, if I need an app to sell products from my store we need to know if the products will have multiple images, multiple sizes, multiple units of measure, discounts, promotions, favorites, programs of referrals, payments, monthly payments, user profile, etc. These are all the functionalities that will be needed for the application to meet the quality and satisfaction standards of the end user.

And although it may sound very complex, it is a process that takes approximately two weeks to plan.

These are all the functionalities that will be needed for the application to meet the quality and satisfaction standards of the end user.

And although it may sound very complex, it is a process that takes approximately two weeks to plan.

Therefore before having an app we need:

  • Functional requirements
  • Graphic design
  • Architecture

Once with these points you can start the development of an app.

tristanmhmx

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment